Okay, I’ve become rather irked by how much the boobs-n-butt pose is so harped on, as if it’s some hilarious, impossible thing. These were done on a whim, so I apologize for the small/crappy photos and sketchy outlines. Once I find my camera again, I’d like to take some shots that show the whole body and how this pose actually works.
These are all practical positions, and they were all relatively comfortable to do and stay in for a good period of time. Even though the boobs-n-butt pose looks a little funny, it’s entirely plausible and anatomically correct (although it can be taken too far). So, don’t be afraid to draw it. Hopefully these photos help a little with drawing such positions!
EDIT: (again) Oh my, these notes. Well, I’m glad at least some people find these useful. Figured I’d add some drawings that show BOTH male and females in such positions.
As long as you remember that the person you’re drawing has a skeleton and internal organs, you should be fine. Most of the problems with these kind of poses in illustration come from parts bent in ways that their joints shouldn’t allow and rib cages being all but ignored. Questions like “Does she even have a spine?” are common.
I call it a variant of Rob Liefeld Syndrome.
There’s also the primary reason people hate it which is: “Who fights/stands/walks etc like that?”
If a character is posing that’s one thing but if they’re mid fight or just talking to someone they’re probably not going to twist in this manner.
thank you shrine
i’m gonna pretend this is how it happened
TUMBLR ACCENT CHALLENGE!
- Your name and username.
- Where you’re from.
- Pronounce the following words: aunt, roof, route, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, New Orleans, Pecan, both, again, probably, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, pajamas, caught, naturally, aluminum, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, doorknob, envelope, GPOY.
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Choose a book and read a passage from it.
- Do you think you have an accent?
- Would you rather be a wizard or a vampire?
- Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
- End audio post by saying any THREE words you want.
reblog or upload it anywhere you want
spread the word
IT IS TRUE.
Here is an article explaining it as well.
Please amplify their voices, please pay attention.
Shit happened to Ferguson is happening in Hong Kong right now!
Students were just protesting peacefully for genuine democracy around Admiralty and Central, yet the police forced used pepper spray, tear gas and violence to disperse the crowd. According to the protesters, the police even raided a first aid booth with pepper spray.
whoa livin on a prayerOH
whoa we’re half way therewhat
whoa we’re half way therewhat
The Rapture is upon us.
we’re all scared